Birdcage Card

10:36

Hi again,

I spent last weekend away in sunny Nottingham having a lovely time, so I haven't been able to post anything for a little while but I'm back with an entry for this weeks Sketch Saturday and Papertake Weekly challenges - the latter of which carries the theme 'Spots and Stripes'!
So with my creative juices flowing here's what I've come up with... 


Using a few of the sumptuous papers from the Winterbird paper pad from Tilda I matted and layered them onto a 6x6 craft card blank, adding a sentiment on a small rounded piece of white card. 
I then cut and embossed the Marianne Design birdcage die in a matt silver cardstock and added it to one side, arranging two strips of mint green ribbon underneath. I used one of the die cut bird toppers from the Winterbird pack and fixed onto the card using foam pads to bring it to the forefront of the card. 
I finished it simply with pink gems and bakers twine to tie all the colours together.


I absolutely love these papers, the colours are beautiful, the patterns all link so well together and they just make any card look special. I will definitely be looking into some of Tilda's other paper packs if they're anthing like this one!


Anyway, hope you like it and I hope you're all enjoying this gorgeous UK weather!

Albany x

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Hi Albany-What a pretty card,i love the colours you have chosen and the way you have put everything together is lovely :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very pretty card! Lovely papers and such a cute birdie! Thank you for playing along with us at Sketch Saturday this week. Hugs, Lesley

    ReplyDelete