Bunting Card

07:42

Hey I hope you're all having a lovely extra day off despite the rather questionable weather!

I've been spending mine doing a spot of making and came up with an entry for this weeks CAS-ual Friday challenge. The theme for this week is 'Banners and Flags' and after looking at all the gorgeous entries I felt pretty inspired.

So, using the free bunting stamp from Creative Stamper magazine, I stamped and cut out triangles from a few of the papers in the Tilda Winterbird paper pack, ensuring I had enough to link from one side of the card to the other. I then  stamped a sentiment from a Personal Impressions set and a piece of card, rounded of the corners and inked the edges using Versa ink in Mint. I then arranged it at the bottom of a 5x5 card blank with one of the die cut toppers from the Tilda pack.

I then machine stitched around the edge of the card in two different shades of light minty green thread. I then arranged the bunting pieces on the card and tacked them down using a tape pen to keep them in place before I sewed them down alternating between a straight stitch and a zig zag stitch to add interest to the card and to create the string for the bunting. 

I then added three turquoise adhesive pearls to the top corner to finish.
I think it turned out pretty well, a nice simple card using yummy papers really works in my book. Hope you like it!

Albany x

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Love the patterns, colors and stitching detail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Albany - what a lovely card! I love your banner and all the wonderful stitched details. Thank you so much for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your banner is so beautiful in those soft shades! Gorgeous machine stitching and a lovely clean design. Thanks for sharing this with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete