Cock-a-doodle-doo

09:08

Hello again,

Another post, this time its a card I made about 5 minutes ago!
Pretty simple one-layer card which I will be submitting to the Less is More OLC challenge for this week. The theme is 'Fur and Feathers' and this is what I've come up with...



I saw this technique a little while ago and I've been waiting for the right opportunity to use it and this is as good a time as any. Using a 10x10cm card blank (as I love working on these - so cute!) I stamped my Wild Honey Distress ink pad straight onto the center of the card to create a square block of colour. 
Then, using the free Rainbow Studios cockerel stamp from a Craft Stamper magazine some months ago (Jan/Feb maybe?) I stamped just off center of the ink block with StazOn ink. After the ink had dried i applied thick bleach to the cockerel stamp with a fine paintbrush so to bleach the colour underneath giving a mottled texture and coloured in his comb and the petals with Scarlet AquaMarker. Adding a twine bow down one side really brought together the Provencal feel.
Make sure you stamp with an ink like StazOn or Archival as the bleach doesn't affect the colour and the image retains its definition. Also, keep in mind the more bleach you add the lighter the ink will become so try different effects to see what you like best :).

Hope you like it,

Albany x

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Hello there Albany-What a lovely fun card-and fabby technique you have used :)
    I see you are just starting out in Blogland too just like me,so thought i would drop in and say hello :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much haha its made my day hearing that :)
    Loving the ideas and things on your blog too! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great colour and a lovely warm card. Love the image and the words. My mum would love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another super chicken, well cockerel!
    Thanks very much
    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete