Corset Card

16:09

Hello again,
Back with another challenge entry, this time for Sketch Saturday and Sweet Stampin' with the theme 'Out of the Frame'.
Recently bought the Spellbinders Romantic Rectangles dies which I thought would be absolutely perfect for the frame idea as they're so ornate and pretty and dug out some Inkylicious stamps which I haven't used in a while. So here' the finished project...

First I covered a 6x6 card with one of the papers from the 5th Avenue pad (very pretty) and inked the edges using the Pumice Stone Distress Ink. I then stamped the tape measure from the Inkylicious Corsetiere stamp set using the same ink and layered it over a length of vintage lace across the bottom half of the card.
I die cut the oval tag from the Spellbinders Ribbon Tags Trio set, again using Pumice Stone to distress the edges, and stamped the sentiment from Personal Expressions using Walnut Stain Distress Ink. I shaped the tag - a little difficult to see in these photos I'll admit - to give dimension and threaded two pieces of the cream ribbon/cord (still don't know what its called!) through it and secured it to the card using Pinflair.

Next I die cut one of the lovely shapes from Romantic Rectangles by Spellbinders and cut out the middle to make it more framelike, and also to show as much of the lovely backing paper as possible! I inked this with Pumice Stone as well to keep with the colourscheme.
I then stamped the mannequin in Walnut Stain and the corset in Pumice Stone from Corsetiere by Inkylicious and layered up using foam pads to create further dimension. I also used my waterbrush and a bit of Tattered Rose Distress Ink to add a little colour into the panels of the corset. Finally some pink adhesive pearls in each corner finished the card :).


I think I should've added a line of machine stitching around the outside of the card to create a bit more of a border as I didn't matt and layer it but of course that idea only came to me once I'd finished the card! Typical! Anyway, there it is I hope you like it and you're all enjoying your Bank Holiday weekends.

Albany x

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. This is absolutely wonderful, love the style and colours. Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week and good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, love the vintage feel! Glad you could join us at Sweet Stampin' this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely Albany. I love the vintage feel :)
    Thanks for joining us at Sketch Saturday this week :)
    Lizy DT x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me again! Just been browsing your blog, and I love this shabby chic card. (Are you putting a follower widget on your blog?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I shall put one on now, thanks for reminding me!

      Delete