'I Love You' Tag

09:32

Hiya,

Basically a few weeks ago my mum went into to hospital to have an op (nothing major thank goodness) and while she was there I bought her in a book to pass the time. I made a pretty simple tag to go with it and thought it would be a good first project to put on here...

I started off by stamping part of the Script Background stamp from IndigoBlu across the top of my tag using my Versamark then heat embossing with clear embossing powder (mine is unbranded but any will do). I then used my blending tool to apply Stormy Sky and Faded Jeans Distress Inks, concentrating the colour in the corners and along the edges which brought out the embossed script stamp and then sprayed a little water onto the ink to create an interesting effect as of course the Distress Inks resist water. 
I used the same distress inks to colour a length of ribbon/cord type of thing (not sure of what it actually is, found it lying about) and wove it through the holes of a piece of cotton lace (also found lying about) and applied along the length of the tag with a tape pen.

On a piece of black card I used a white gel pen to write out the individual letters of 'I love you', cut each one out and used foam pads to stick them at odd angles to the tag to add dimension. I then made a little bow out of the same inked ribbon as before and used Pinflair to affix it the bottom of the tag. Et Voila!

And here it is all wrapped up and ready to give my poor old mum (sorry about the dodgy photo this one was taken on my phone).

As you can probably tell, I found that the white gel pen didn't really come out very well against the black background so I would recommend trying different mediums and pens to see what works best. I reckon the Picket Fence Distress Marker would probably be a good call. Also If anyone knows what the ribbon/cord I used is actually called then I would love to know because I really like it. Thanks!

Albany x

You Might Also Like

0 comments