Cherry Blossom Card

10:37

Happy Tuesday!
Today I've got my entry for the Less is More 'Pink and Brown' challenge. I have to admit I'm not a huge fan of pink and brown as a colour scheme generally, but after having a good old think I remembered this lovely cherry blossom stamp I bought in a bargain bin for £1! Unfortunately, I have no idea who made this stamp as there's no label but the same idea would work well with any cherry blossom stamp using delicate pinks contrasting with dark browns...

I started by stamping the cherry blossom stamp with StazOn and colouring it in using Pale Pink and Burnt Umber Promarkers, using the extra fine tips for the more detailed areas. I also added a slight shadow to the branches in Cool Grey 2 to give a little depth to the image. 
After cutting it out and rounded the corners I ran the Cool Grey 2 around the edge to create a subtle border. I then stamped one of the branches on another piece of card, coloured it in and cut it out. I then arranged it with a length of pink bakers twine wrapped around the bottom of the image, using  blobs of Pinflair to give dimension.

Using a paintbrush, I spread a layer of clear glitter glue over the flowers of the single branch which I think it gives a nice detail although I couldn't get it to show up very well in these photos. I then used foam pads to fix the image on to a 9.5cmx12.5cm card blank.
I love the detail of this stamp, really ought to use it more! Hope you like what I did with it :).

Albany x

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Very pretty, that's a lovely stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's not a lot of white space on this beautiful card, but the stamp is gorgeous and I love the added dimension!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgoeus despite there not really being any white space
    Thanks very much
    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete