Thank You Teacher Card

11:38

Hello again!
One thing I really enjoy doing when I'm crafting is using odd bits around the house that aren't necessarily 'crafting' items. Not only is it satisfying recycling things on cards but most of the time its free!
So bearing this in mind I came up with my entry for the CAS-ual Friday Top of the Class challenge.


I started off with a 6x6 Kraft card and arranged a piece of ordinary file paper, a little scrap of newspaper I fished out of the paper recycling box and a strip of blue tartan paper from the Paper Cellar Gingham pad. I also used one of the Martha Stewart edge punches on a piece of brown card and lined it up against the bottom of the file paper. 
I then stamped a sentiment from Personal Impressions and adhered to along the line of the tartan paper.

Next, I applied an apple topper I made from felt, sewed together using white thread, on to the front of the card. I finished it off using a paperclip I found lying around, a green square brad and a red gem to bring all the colours together.
I hope you like it!

Albany x





You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. I like it! Found objects make cards so much more interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all of the elements you used here. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my cuteness! I adore that felt apple!! So clever!! Thanks for playing along with us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you used real household items for this! The school paper, the clip, the newspaper...very cool! I'm so glad you joined us at CAS-ual Fridays this week:)

    ReplyDelete