CASE Study Button Card

02:57

Hello!
I know, I know where have I been all week?! I've been really stuck on ideas lately, nothing I do looks right at all so apologies for that BUT I do have some good news... I was ShowCASed by Less is More for my Heartbeat Card :D fantastic! Gave me the creative boost I needed this week!

So I have an entry for the CASE Study challenge set by Julia Stainton who's done this lovely design...

I'm also entering my card in to this weeks Friday Mashup challenge which is to either follow their sketch or to use washi tape. Here it is...


Starting off with a 5x7 card blank, I cut a smaller layer of kraft card and blended in Walnut Stain Distress Ink around the edges. I then stamped one of the flourishes from the Rescue Remedies set from Waltzingmouse along where I would add my lace using Versamark. 
Next I layered up cotton lace, red bakers twine and normal twine across the card so that the flourish stamps would border it. Next, I tied a bow using bakers twine through a wooden button and adhered it onto bows of twine and American seam button using a glue gun. I then glued it on to the card.

I then cut out a rectangular aperture at the bottom of the card and again stamped the Waltzingmouse flourish in Versamark. Next I used foam pads to apply the kraft layer to the card blank and stamped through the aperture with a sentiment from Personal Impressions using StazOn.
I really like how this card came out and the overall vintage look, something a little different to what I usually do. Hope you like it!

Albany x

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Your cards are so sweet! I love the little pop of red on your "Just Because" card - what a great interpretation of the sketch! Thanks for joining us this week at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab CAS approach to the CASE Study!
    Thanks for studying with us on CASE Study this week! :)
    Hugs!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this clean and simple CASE.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous CAS card, love that lace! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful CAS card...the mix of lace and twine is perfect! Thanks for playing along with us this week at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful CAS card! Very different with the sentiment area punched out - how clever!! Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

    ReplyDelete