Hello Leaves Card

07:33

Hi guys,
Today  I've got a card for this weeks Sweet Stampin' challenge of Autumn Leaves/Trees...

First I die cut one of the Labels Four dies from Spellbinders from brown card and embossed it using a Tim Holtz embossing folder. I also lightly distressed over the embossing using Walnut Stain Distress Ink. I then attached it to a strip of thick ribbon and used foam pads to fix it to a 5x7 kraft card blank.
Next I stamped a sentiment from Personal Impressions onto the ribbon using StazOn. I then made a bow from a similar, lighter ribbon and also one from recycled sari material (which you cant see very well in these pictures) and attached them to the die cut using a glue gun.

I then punched out leaves from orange card (using a very old punch that I have no idea where it came from!) and whilst one one of them I heat embossed with gold embossing powder to create a faux metal charm for the bow, I blended Rusty Hinge and Vintage Photo Distress ink on the others. I also bent and shaped the leaves to resemble a more authentic dead leaf look. On these leaves I also splattered Golden Mint and Ancient Copper mica spray.
I then glued these at random across the card to achieve a wind-blown look using Pinflair to give a 3D effect.

Not too sure about this card to be perfectly honest with you but I'm sure it'll grow on me. I hope you like it!

Albany x

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. super card and perfect for our challenge at Sweet Stampin' this week. Debbiex

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those tiny leaves with the spattering - very realistic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cool card, love your autumn leaves falling! :)

    Thanks so much for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week,

    hugs

    xxalisonxx

    ReplyDelete