Christmas Snowflake Rosette Box

08:51

Happy Friday! Yayyyy let the weekend begin!
First up I've got an entry for this week's Gift Project challenge at The Friday Mashup using the newest member of my die family; Tim Holtz's Snowflake Rosette.

I bought the rosette die a few weeks ago and obviously tried it on normal cardstock and glittercard to great effect. Then I had a somewhat brilliant idea, what about using Angelina fibers? I used a mixture of peacock blue and iridescent white fibers and ironed them into a strip roughly about the size of the die. I made the top layer of fibers slightly looser and less neat so create a more interesting, textured effect. Although I had to run it through my Cuttlebug a fair few times and use scissors to cut the odd fibers away I think it worked really well!
I figured that just using a piece of the Angelina for the front piece to hold the rosette together wouldn't be stable or strong enough - plus the glue gun glue would seep through - so I stamped one of the designs from the My Minds Eye Lost and Found Christmas stamp set onto white card using Sky Blue Dew Drop ink and cut it out, securing it onto the rosette with a glue gun.

I found the box template in a back issue of Craft Stamper magazine, copied it onto white card and covered it in a layer of Tumbled Glass Distress Stain to get the base colour. I then blended in Broken China Distress Ink around the edges and along the fold lines.
After assembling the box I blended over Faded Jeans Distress Ink onto the corners and edges of the box and sprayed each side with Lilac Night mica spray from Carole's Crafts.

Using blue ribbon I tied a bow around the box - making it loose enough to slide on and off the box - and adhered the rosette to the center of the bow.
One thing I would say if you decide to do this technique is be prepared for bits of Angelina to go EVERYWHERE. It was a little tricky to jostle into position but it definitely pays off. Hope you like it!

Albany x

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Very clever! I love the iridescent fibres and the grunginess of the rosette.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...isn't this a stunning accent for ANY gift. It turned out beautifully. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty.. This is a great gift idea anyone would love to receive this. I love how the fibers look. Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that rosette is just stunning, I love it! Very creative and the whole project came out very pretty!

    Thanks so much for joining us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a beautiful box! Love the tapered look. Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness! This is so beautiful I wouldn't want to open it for fear of destroying the beautiful packaging!!!!! Stunning, stunning! :)

    ReplyDelete