Picture Perfect Thanks Card

01:53

Hello again,
I know I've been lagging on my posts lately but I have been busy making! Its just this horrendous weather that us Brits have been blessed with has made it very difficult to get a decent photo as its so dark and grey all the time! Anyway, I've managed to get a bit of light this morning so I seized the opportunity.
So I've decided to start entering a new challenge this week from the Paper Smooches Sparks blog. Their challenge this week is photo inspiration from this picture...

Such a lovely colour scheme to work with here. Here's what I came up with...

Starting off with an A6 card blank and cut a slightly smaller layer of white card, rounding off two opposing corners. I then used a chevron paper from the My Minds Eye Bluebell paper pack and layered onto the bottom section of the card. 
Next I cut a rectangle of yellow paper and stamped a Paper Smooches sentiment, heat embossing it with white embossing powder. I also punched holes at either side of the stamp and threaded through blue bakers twine and wrapping it around the layer.

I finished it off with three orange adhesive pearls.
Pretty simple design but I think it works really well. Hope you like!

Albany x




You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Clever take on the inspiration pic, Albany! The sentiment looks great white-embossed on yellow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulously sweet card! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Paper Smooches Sparks challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOOOOOVE this card! I love the simplicity and the paper at the bottom! FAB! Great take on this inspiration photo challenge!!! THANKS for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at Paper Smooches SPARKS!!! Hope you join in the fun this week!

    ReplyDelete